Tuesday 28 May 2013

May Bank Hols weekend

Well I have had a fabulous May Bank Holiday weekend, the weather was kind to us, and although poor Rob was working - I managed to get out into the garden and clear some weeds, instead of a beautiful English Country garden - we were looking like one rose and a bed of weeds!!  But I cleared and tidied and yesterday when my son in law came round he said the garden looked lovely - I knew he was my favourite son in law (only one but hey ho!).

I managed to do some knitting and here is the project so far - this is my first time using a cable needle, so I am not too sure about how good it is but it is coming and I am pleased with my attempt anyway.


So I now want to get on and get some more completed - more piccies as I get on with it.

At the end of last week I decided to get my New York Beauty wadded up and here it is - I absolutely adore this and now have to decide how to get it quilted.


Having got New York Beauty wadded up I decided to get my Hunters Star wadded and backed as well.
So now I have to make myself get quilting - it is just finding the time.  I am going to sit and look at designs and see where to go with both of these quilts.

Oh look who came to visit for his lunch yesterday - he is so cute and we had a great time - he enjoyed the quiche I had made and the cookies went down a treat.
We played out in the garden and he was having a lovely time his Uncle Mark joined us so I was very lucky to have them with me for lunch.

In between the gardening and I just had to get the vacuum cleaner out - our cat being long haired seems to leave white fur everywhere!!!  I did get some sewing done and at long last I got the top of  a foundation pieced quilt together - so once it is wadded I shall post some pictures.


1 comment:

  1. Your jumper is looking lovely and it's my favourite
    colour. Well done with getting things finished.

    ReplyDelete