Thursday 17 March 2011

Well there is lots to blog about at the moment - but the most momentous piece of news is that
on April 12th Art and Stitch will be moving into much much larger premises! Angela and Neil have secured a lease on Unit33 Aston Business Park - so same place just a different unit - yeh it is absolutely fantastic. it is so spacious and we shall have so much space for materials and everything else and workshop room and a quilting frame - oh it is so exciting!!! We cannot contain ourselves so please put in your diaries to come and see us on April 12th.

Right well general blogging - I am making a baby quilt for Rob's nephew and wife the baby is due on 21st April so here is the show so far - I adore this variation on nine patch it is so lovely. I had been wondering what to turn this fabulous fabric into then Val came into the shop with one done very similarly so i just had to copy- different colour scheme though!!!









Well Sunday Steph Angela and I went to Chilford had a fabulous day - food was good as always.
The quilts in the exhibition were lovely just a couple below.


Now at home we are busy setting up the new Marine Aquarium - this is a somewhat complicated business with the production of RO water which has all the impurities taken out and is pure, then it had to heated to the right temperature than salt added to the right salination - now yesterday we have purchased Live Rock which is somewhat expensive but I am assured absolutely wonderful - this has now been added to the aquarium and in five days when this has
settled in we can start to add cleaner shrimps and some corals - then come the fish at a later stage - so I shall blog again as it comes on.
Now I said it was going to be a long blog - here is the Aston Quilters Mystery Quilt - the centre is put together and I am so pleased with it. The Borders are going to look great as well.

2 comments:

  1. I never imagined setting up an marine aquarium was such a complicated business... but then my fish keeping was limited to the fairground goldfish in a round bowl! I'm going to try to be there on April 12th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I can't be there on the 12th as I will be on me 'jollies' (rest and recuperation) but I'll definitely come and check you out soon in your new home :-) Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete