Friday 6 August 2010
















Off to Debden House on Monday morning - Mummy can I come to please!!!!





I put the pile of fabrics on my last blog and this is how it is coming along - please ignore the yellow stickers!

Because I decided once it was going together I wanted a King Size quilt in Raising the Barn style log cabin - I had to stop at this point and come back to the shop to buy some more material so once it is finished I shall post again with the completed top - it is going to look magnificant even if I say so myself!!!








A couple of pictures of some of the other folks work - there are loads more everyone had a fabulous four days it was great fun - Anne Stacey as always made it such a good summer school.









This is Debden House set in Epping Forest it is a fabulous old property - once a working farm owned by a gentleman farmer - who had other interests in the area and the workroom where we were sewing was originally the Coachhouses. We were shown a book from 1997 giving the history and it was fascinating - then Mavis Mary & I went for a walk into the forest - totally and utterly inadequate footwear for all of us - and came back past some other period properties which were also mentioned in the history book - One called the Mount was were race horses were raised in many many years past and boy is it fabulous and the stabl block has all been beautifully converted as well.
The walk in the forest (although I hasten to add only a shortish walk) was lovely, it was so green and fresh as it was just after the most fabulous thunder storm.
We managed to get back to the workroom before the heavens opened!!
So roll on December when we go back for the Christmas weekend!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Debden House looks fabulous. Sounds like you had a great time. Your quilt is looking very good I can't wait to see it finished and be able to appreciate the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back we have missed you this week and your week gets even better as i wont be in on Friday so make the most of the peace and quiet I WILL BE IN SATURDAY.! Well done with your quilt it looks fabulous cant wait to see it finished. Hope you do a workshop I would love to do one (and I promise to keep quiet). You obviously had a good teacher for your bag I managed to do the pleat as a box pleat .... idiot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous week you've had! I think the Raising the Barn quilt is indeed going to be amazing! I shall have to investigate that pattern. Or, I could even come down to Peterborough if you do a workshop?! I have some batiks that would look great with this pattern.

    ReplyDelete