Saturday 29 October 2011

Yorkshire

A lovely trip to Yorkshire, Rob and I have just been away for a few days break with a National Trust organised holiday.  it was fabulous.  We had a superb hotel with a view over the Liverpool & Leeds Canal - the weather was really really kind to us just one dampish day.    We visited lots of lovely places and I had intended to upload more photos but for some reason this is my third attempt to upload them and I have put less on so as to at least enable me to update my blog.

 This photo was taken at Harlow Carr RHS gardens it was fabulous and the colours in the trees was superb.
 Some of the tiled flooring from Fountains Abbey - this was our damp day - but oh what an absolutely awe inspiring place - there was so much to see.
 Before I went off on holiday we had Gina Ferrarri at Art and Stitch making Diva Dolls, here are the finished and part finished dolls - they were all absolutely fantastic - clever ladies and they all had such fun making them.
 Now a couple of weeks ago I made a Christmas Table Runner and here are the placemats to go with it.
I have got all six made just need to finish them off.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time. I love the floor tile. I think I may have to make some of those table mats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Love that floor at Fountains Abbey! And weren't the Divas fantastic! Such an inspiring teacher :-)

    Julie http://mixedmedia-jem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete